1. Andy Warhol’s Frankenstein (1973) rated X in the US it was banned in most countries.
2. Night of the Howling Beast (1975) banned in the UK for sex, gore and cannibalism.
3. I Spit on Your Grave (1978) banned in most of Europe and Canada. The film was unrated in the US when producers refused to cut 10 minutes from the film.
4. The Exorcist (1973) banned across the US in small towns. It was finally given an “18” rating in the UK in 1990.
5. Cannibal Holocaust (1980) Branded as “The Most Controversial Ever Made”. The director Ruggero Deodata was arrested and charged with murder when rumors that Cannibal Holocaust (1980) was actually a “snuff film” surfaced. Deodata was later cleared of the charge. This film is still banned in Iceland and New Zealand.
6. Freaks (1932) after over 80 years this film is still banned in several U.S states and 43 countries.
7. The Evil Dead (1981) still banned in several countries including Germany, Iceland and Finland.